T’s Spa Concept…
As much as I love compiling outfit ideas, design concepts come in a very close second. This project is for my friend T, who is interested in redoing her bathroom and describes her house as “colorful and quirky”. She expressed interest in giving the bathroom a “spa feel”, and so with those things in mind I came up with the vision board above.
Had I been designing this for anyone else, I might have shied away from so many hands-on DIY suggestions, but T is extremely creative so I know she’ll love the opportunity to get in there and add her personal touches (check out her website and you’ll see what I mean).
1. Because of T’s love of colors, I went with a bold color palette. In this case the sage-y green will stand as T’s “neutral” and the purple and magenta will provide bright pops of color. I also love the idea of using assorted rocks and pebbles throughout the room in different ways (filling jars with them or perhaps even doing some mosaic work with them).
2. I like this spa idea, but I think every girl should have pretty things in her bathroom. IKEA has this entire line of assorted jars, bottles and other baubles in the perfect color palette. Find them here and here.
3. I also think assorted blue Ball jars would add a great (and thrifty) detail to the room and have no doubt that T probably has a few around her house already. Use them for storing things like Q-tips, cotton balls, etc.
4. These fabulous bamboo place mats are available from IKEA, and at only $1.99 each they are a very affordable accessory to use in creative ways throughout the room.
5. T sent me a photo of a stone sink that she is planning to use during her bathroom remodel, so when I came across this hanging rack I knew it’d go perfectly in the room! It is available here for $175.00, but wouldn’t it be easy to DIY something similar?
6. These bathroom accessories go perfectly with the color scheme of the room and best of all: the entire set comes in at $9.99.
7. I like these solid towels available from Target, and also like the idea of mixing in some fun colorful ones like the striped set in the upper right.
8. I like the idea of using bamboo throughout the room. This digital bamboo scale is available from Crate & Barrel.
9. Loving the whimsical feel of this floor-length mirror from IKEA (and the price, $39.00!).
10. Again, bamboo. This hamper is also available from Crate & Barrel. (but perhaps you could get creative and cover an old one with those bamboo place mats?)
11. Dried flowers are low maintenance, and I love the fact that this bouquet matches perfectly with the color scheme. You can buy it here but I’m sure creating something similar with dried wild flowers or silk flowers wouldn’t be out of the question.
Hope this gives you some inspiration to get started on your personal oasis, T. Have a project, blog idea or question for me? Email me: Dani@lifes-a-journal.com.